Sunday, February 15, 2009

 

A Close Call
















I had a close call on Wednesday that has made me take a look at my life. During a rain storm as I was heading back to the office a car came across the freeway median on Interstate 5 and nearly hit me. I saw the car coming and was pretty sure he would not get me since I was in the right lane, but he did hit the car in the left lane head on and in the impact they grazed my work pickup as I swerved out of the way. I called in the crash and checked on the drivers and put out traffic cones to close off the lanes and channel traffic to the shoulder. The drivers were taken to the hospital with serious but not life threatening injuries. Modern cars are amazing. Between airbags and crumple zones it is remarkable that neither person was killed.

Here is a newspaper article on the crash.

http://www.redding.com/news/2009/feb/11/i-5-wreck-blocks-traffic-anderson/

Labels: ,


Comments:
Wow, that's terrible but good nobody was hurt. Once we were driving I-5 south in California in that general area and we saw a car come across the median, through the shrubbery that divided the four lanes right behind us. The driver didn't hurt anyone and ended up out in a field.
 
They were hurt plenty, but will survive. More and more median barriers are being placed along this route to stop these kinds of crashes. Back when there was not much traffic the people that came across just went off the road. Like the one you saw. But the freeway is the same size that it was in 1966 when it was built and traffic is pretty much solid now means that when a car crosses it often hits a car coming the other way.
 
Glad your ok dude. Highways are so frigging dangerous. We're having some difficulty teaching the State Troopers how to act on I 95 now that they are patrolling up here. Stay Safe
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]