Wednesday, April 30, 2008

 

What a Difference a Year Makes

I got this emailed to me. I thought it was pretty funny.

In just one year . Remember the election in 2006?


A little over one year ago:

1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;

2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;

3) The unemployment rate was 4.5%.


Since voting in a Democratic Congress in 2006 we have seen:

1) Consumer confidence plummet;

2) The cost of regular gasoline soar to over $3.50 a gallon;

3) Unemployment is up to 5% (a 10% increase);

4) American households have seen $2.3 trillion in equity value evaporate (stock and mutual fund losses);

5) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $1.2 trillion dollars;

6) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.


America voted for change in 2006, and we got it!

Remember it's Congress that makes law not the President. He has to work with what's handed to him.

Labels:


Comments:
Amazing. First you post in april that things aren't really worse and then you post here that in a year, the democrats have been able to undo all the good Bush did in the years he and the republicans have had total power. Does it not dawn on you that Democrats aren't able to do that much when Bush has the veto and the Republicans can block anything because dems barely have the majority. It takes 60 to override a veto. I won't disagree that the Democrats haven't been effective but you are claiming they have undone all the good bush did. Like I said-- amazing...
 
remember that 2006 election meant the dems took over the majority in january 2007... barely took it over. IF we get a democratic president and control of the Congress, they will get two years to see what they can do and Americans will only give them that amount of time... I have limited faith in either party. A lot less than you do obviously. Right now I suspect the problems are so great that it's hard to say if it can be fixed by either party. We might just have to ride out the negative time to come both environmentally and in all other ways.
 
Hey Rain, thank you for the posts, but it was meant Tongue in Cheek. I saw it as a joke. Really what I should have said was, Can somebody tell me what the Dems have done since they got in power in Congress? I do not think Ms. Pelosi has done anything that she said she was going to do. But then again I do not see that as a bad thing.
 
well i have no faith in either party... and I have always checked here off and on but you weren't posting much. It's not that I don't still like to rant about politics but it seems to do so little good :(
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]